We are always seeking to make improvements to campsite facilities. Last season we built a brand new ladies’ toilet and shower block with disabled facilities and baby changing unit.
We have also improved and extended our dishwashing facilities, created new hard standing pitches, redecorated our campsite shop and invested in a log cabin which can be booked now.
This winter we updated our gents facilities so they are looking clean, fresh and revamped with new urinals ready for the 2018 season ahead.
There is provision for 12 hard-standing touring pitches (grass and gravel)requiring electric hook-ups and around another 30 hook-up points available for overnight connection.
It is preferable for those requiring electricity to book in advance during the height of the season to avoid disappointment. Please tel. or email to check availability. A £20 deposit will confirm the booking. This may be paid on-line or by cheque – SEE TARIFFS PAGE
Wifi available free of charge throughout the site.
Dogs are welcome. However, we ask that they are kept on a lead and under strict control at all times.
Our facilities include:
- Four WCs in the female section facilities, four in the mens’. Four sinks in the ladies section with additional surface space and mirrors, 6 sinks in the male section.
- Hot water showers free of charge: 2 in the male toilet block, 2 more adjacent to the laundry room, and four in the female section.
- Equipped with hand dryers and points for shavers, etc.
- Washing up sinks are provided with free hot water supply.
- Very small shop stocking basic food items, maps, tourist leaflets, etc
- Laundry room with washing machine and tumble drier (keys can be requested in reception during open hours).
- Ice packs frozen (free-of-charge).
- Wifi available free of charge
The Local Area:
- Around 250m down the road, Cwmdu has a superb cafe serving home cooked breakfasts and lunch until 4pm (closed on Wednesdays).
- The Farmers Arms Pub is located an easy 300m walk from the campsite and is open under new management serving drinks Friday to Sunday evening. Open days are due to include week nights soon and the pub will also be serving food before the end of May.
- Crickhowell is a 4 mile walk or 5 minute drive/taxi from the Campsite. Crickhowell taxis (01873 811764) are available day and night to pick up from the campsite. Crickhowell has numerous pubs, restaurants and shops (including an off license since we do not sell alcohol on site).
- The Wok Experience in Crickhowell delivery Chinese takeaway or fish and chips to the campsite. Order by telephone: 01873 811188.
- If you don’t mind walking a little further, the Kestrel Pub, Tretower, serves fantastic food and drink in the evening and is around 2 miles from us (30 minute scenic walk).